Locs are not a new trend. They’ve been around for centuries. Among them, goddess locs and butterfly locs are undoubtedly the most popular. Both locs will enhance your beauty and uplift your personality.
However, goddess locs are straight and closer to the natural locs; butterfly locs have curly loops, which do not create that bohemian style compared to goddess locs. But if you want to make a statement, goddess locs are the way to go.
In this article, you are about to know the goddess locs vs butterfly locs comparison that will clarify the explanation of which hairstyle is better.
Goddess Locs are a protective style that incorporates tightly coiled hair extensions into natural hair to give the appearance of locs. The extensions are used to give length, volume, and thickness to the hair, and the style can last for weeks or months. It is a popular style for women who want to wear their hair naturally but don’t want the hassle of maintaining traditional locs.
It is a combination of curly loops to create a unique protective hairstyle that enhances the goddess locs. It is more of a combination of goddess locs and a passion twist. This style is achieved by sectioning the hair into small parts, twisting each section, and then securing it with a hair tie. Butterfly locs can be worn for up to eight weeks, depending on the hair’s natural texture.
How To Choose A Good Hair Extension
- Instead of going for synthetic hair, you should get real human hair. And that will ensure the finest quality for any style that you intend. In addition, it looks natural and lasts for a long time.
- According to your lifestyle, choose the perfect hair extensions that require less maintenance and are easy to wear. Usually, the clip-in system is convenient for quick setup.
- Also, you have to check hair texture and volume that match your overall personality. In addition, you have to consider the occasion too.
- Surely you have to match the extension’s color with your hair color. Even if you get real human hair, you should check the color carefully to get an identical hair extension that goes seamlessly with your hair.
- Finally, go to the expert hair stylist to stay safe and create an outstanding style.
difference between goddess locs and butterfly locs: Similarities and Differences
I already stated that these are quite similar to the overall style and outlook. But, that does not stop you or me from thinking about the core differences between these gorgeous locs.
Let’s put the differences apart and talk about the similarities first. Goddess Locs are the traditional bohemian style, and the butterfly locs are an enhancement of that style with a modern twist to make it more creative and stylish. Also, these extensions are going to give you an outstanding look with a bohemian vibe.
However, goddess locs are not organized; keep it undone and pull out the natural vibe. Although butterfly locs are the same, it is more organized and delicate. In both locs, you must use natural hair to maintain the quality and long-lasting along with the closest possible to match your hair.
Required Locs and Time
Although goddess locs are not that organized, they will require six packs of hair to get the job done, whereas butterfly locs need around six to eight packs.
And goddess locs time takes around six to seven hours to create an outstanding hairstyle. Even though butterfly locs can take around three to four hours, that depends on the stylist and your hair length.
Getting The Proper Style
So, it will be easier to achieve butterfly locs if you go to the right hairstylist. In contrast, goddess locs look unorganized, yet it is quite tricky to set up everything from choosing the hair and preparing the hair and adding with the hair.
In both styles, never compromise to go consult and allow an expert to get the job done. Otherwise, you may find your locs itchy or hurting. That happens because of the stiffness of the locs. Also, it will damage your hair.
In addition, it will loosen and create a mess if the stylist does not know what to do. However, even if you remain careful, it will pull a tiny portion of your hair out during the session.
Yes, these are extended parts of your hair, but that does not mean you can not do the regular work with it. Even if you like to swim with it, that is possible. But, it will get a bit heavy, as usual with longer hair. Once the locs dry, everything will be fine as before.
I recommend using a satin bonnet to prevent tangling these locs. It is normal to get tangled in your locs. But you can wash and maintain them to prevent them from tangling and getting damaged. Use the normal way to wash your hair without doing anything harsh. The more gentle you will be with your locs, the more it will last.
Usually, butterfly and goddess locs can last for around two months. However, goddess locs will last more than butterfly locs. But, make sure to take proper care and massage oil to keep the hair better. Even if you sleep with the locs, that will not do that much damage or drastically change the longevity.
Surprisingly goddess locs are cheaper to get than butterfly locs. For $300, you can get a beautiful goddess locs style, whereas you need around $500-$700 to achieve a good butterfly locs style.
Reasons Why You Should Try Goddess Locs Instead of Butterfly Locks
- Goddess Locs are more versatile: They can be worn in various styles, from sleek and straight to curly and voluminous. Butterfly locks are limited to one style – a sleek, curly look.
- More durable: It can last for months or even years without needing to be re-twisted or re-braided. Butterfly locks tend to lose their shape and definition after a few weeks.
- Natural Looking: They are less likely to look fake or overdone. Butterfly locks are often very tight and can look unnatural.
- Goddess locs are easier to maintain: It requires less time and effort to keep looking great. Butterfly locks require regular twisting and braiding, which can be time-consuming.
Is faux locs and butterfly locs the same
No, butterfly locs are curly, but faux has a straight and neat look. Flaux is quite similar and a part of goddess locs.
What is the difference between butterfly locs and soft locs
Soft locs are one kind of faux locs, and it is also straight and neat looking, whereas butterfly is more gorgeous and curly looking.
What’s the difference between butterfly locs and distressed locs
You get the same bohemian look from distressed locs with straight style, and the butterfly consists of curly loops which are not present in the distressed locs.
Butterfly locs vs boho locs
Again, boho locs, AKA bohemian locs, are a freeform version of faux locs that look straight but closer to the natural locs while you have an artificial hairstyle on a butterfly with a more organized style.
If you like to get a natural-looking hairstyle, goddess locs are the best choice for you, but the butterfly locs are quite popular right now, making a unique vibe to your hairstyle. Therefore, you will need to take extra care of butterfly locs. Also, various styles are possible with the goddess locs to suit your personality.